Monday 17 May 2021

 Without wishing to offend anyone this is a little gay story.

Some time ago I was contracted to work on a shoot in Manchester England..A nice city and great people .Manchester is renowned for its Gay Quarter..a few blocks of streets in one corner of the metropolis..

 My usual Hotel in the City was booked out so I was assigned another one...yep..right in the centre of the gay community....No big deal..no problem..I have always worked with lotsa gay folk in the industry.

After I had checked in I needed a drink and as it was early evening I went down to the bar...It was crammed full of like minded souls, all gay and noisy...so I went out to find a quieter venue..script/paper to read etc.

I wandered the area and every pub was jam packed with the same clientele until I came across what looked like my sort of place.

.After looking through the window I could see it was busy with lotsa couples..and fairly quiet..so in I went..At the bar I ordered a pint of beer from the barman and settled on the stool to read my paper..The beer arrived and at this point the barman broke into song.."Falling in love again..what am I to do"  I looked up and he was staring straight at me. I took a look around the lounge..Lotsa couples with very glamorous ladies..Not all of them, but some , were sporting off the shoulder dresses , lovely wigs,  matching beards and hairy chests, usually a sequinned dress with designer accessories to die for..

The barman was still singing  as I finished my drink and politely declined the free one he was offering...I walked a mile or so to find a rough old joint and settled in a corner.

The moral of the story...There isn't one  except when you look through a pub window in Manchester to check out the customers make sure you are wearing your spectacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment